Senior Project Manager
Reports to: Production Manager
OUR CORE VALUES:
- We are passionate experts
- We safeguard our client’s happiness
- We do what we say
- We share responsibility
Craftsman Design and Renovation is an award-winning residential Design-Build firm specializing in remodeling yesterday’s homes for today’s living. Fundamentally, we believe in integrity. In any house, vintage or contemporary, the spaces should integrate seamlessly into their surroundings. A similar authenticity is paramount in our relationships, based on open and consistent communication. As a mid-size company, we provide our clients with an exceptional referral-worthy remodeling experience.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join our company. As a Senior Project Manager, you will:
Provide daily and week-to-week management of three to five residential remodels at a time. Anticipate labor and material needs and coordinate scheduling with Production Manager. Safeguard our client’s satisfaction and maintain open lines of communication to ensure jobs fall within timeline, budget, and expectation. You should be a great communicator, efficient, and self-starting.
Manage trade contractors and field employees. Maintain company best building practices, provide quality control, and safety assurance on each jobsite. You should be flexible, reliable, detail-oriented, and eager to work for a team-focused group.
- Provide on-site project management and supervision to 3-5 jobs at a time.
- Maintain daily contact and supervise carpenters and trade contractors.
- Ensure that the best construction practices, quality, and company standards are being met or exceeded.
- Study budget and production schedules. Estimate work hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Ensure jobsite safety and enforce jobsite rules.
- Communicate clearly with the Design department throughout each job.
- Work with other employees and subcontractors as a team.
- Verify that inspections of all phases of work including final inspection are complete.
- Supervise and coordinate the performance of all subcontractors.
- Order all specialty materials, including doors and windows, for each job in time to ensure installation according to schedule.
- Maintain contact with clients to monitor satisfaction and head-off potential complaints.
- Write and release all change orders to homeowners before work is started.
- Approve payment to sub-contractors to the Production Manager when all work is complete.
- Maintain real time schedule of projects in Buildertrend. Notify the office and the client of schedule changes.
- Intelligence: Learns quickly, and can absorb and understand new information with ease
- Experience: Possesses a solid understanding of residential remodeling procedures.
- Organization and planning: Plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately. Attuned to sub-text.
- Flexibility/adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Enthusiasm: Exhibits passion and excitement about work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Proactivity: Acts without being told what to do. Brings fresh, new ideas to the company.
- Teamwork: Reaches out to others and accepts input from others to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience as a Project Manager is required
- Hands-on experience with residential remodeling is required
- Proficient in MS Office and Excel
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Opportunity for advancement
- Compensation dependent on experience
- 401(K) company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.